Today we are upgrading a complete solution for how Thunderbird can import MBOX files? Many users suffer from the same situation. But, one gets an idea to solve it and now no it is safer. Here, we will offer you a complete guide on how to view MBOX files into the Mozilla Thunderbird email client. Before this, let us know a little bit about the MBOX file.
MBOX file is an email mailbox, saved in a mail storage format that lists an entire inbox’s messages in a single text file. It saves messages in a concatenated format where each message is listed after another, starting with the From header. As MBOX files were originally used only by Unix hosts, other email applications, including Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird, now also support them.
So, don’t stop here because now the amazing solution you will get in the below section one by one. Through manual methods and automated solutions, can Thunderbird import MBOX files? Yes, it can be but for a solution, you need to read the blog till the end. So, let us go for amazing methods.
“Hi, I have been using MBOX for a long time but recently my system got corrupted so I had to uninstall my old MBOX file that is still existing and I want to import it into my new profile. I am unable to do it so I am searching for a method. If anyone knows, please guide me.”
Several users are still suffering from the same query. Can Thunderbird import MBOX files? So, here we will discuss the same using both manual methods as well as automated solutions. Let’s begin to get an easy process.
How to Convert Thunderbird to MBOX Files Manually?
To be processed further, you should know Thunderbird doesn’t have any inbuilt tool to import its emails in MBOX format. Hence, you need to install an Add-on named as ImportExport Tool in your mailbox. It is a free plugin and can be installed very easily.
Steps to Import Thunderbird MBOX Files Format
Follow the given instructions to save Thunderbird emails in a .mbox file using this add-on.
- Firstly, Open Thunderbird and click on the gear button at the top right corner of the interface. Click on Add Ons.
- A new window will open, in the search bar type ImportExport NG
- In the new Window click on the “Add to Thunderbird” option in front of this tool
- After successfully adding this tool Right-Click on the folder in which you want to export
- Click on ImportExportTool >> Export File
- Now, select the location to save the exported file
- Search the recently converted file at its saved location. And, Right-click on it. Then, add its extension as .mbox.
Here is the complete solution to process the manual method and its steps to import Thunderbird MBOX files. However, this method is not 100% reliable. It may lead to data loss and modification. For best and instant conversion read the next section of this write-up.
“Still users do not get a reliable solution to solve the issue of Can Thunderbird import MBOX files? Then, use our automated solution which is an easy & quick way to do this process easily without facing any trouble. And, you get a perfect solution for the same.”
Can Multiple Thunderbird Import MBOX Files – Automated Solution
As the manual procedure discussed above is quite a lengthy and time-consuming process. Moreover, it is not all a direct solution to perform the conversion. Also, it requires so much extra email application installation, which can create trouble for the users.
To overcome all such limitations, one is advised to switch to a third-party solution i.e., Convert Multiple MBOX to PST Software. This tool can export all the Thunderbird file data to MBOX format without any hassle. One can also import selective data items from Thunderbird MBOX file format. Moreover, it doesn’t impose any file size limitations.
To perform the conversion process of Thunderbird import MBOX files. Then, follow the below-working steps to complete your task successfully.
Easy Steps to Process Thunderbird Import MBOX Files
Follow these working steps to do your task risk-free using automated software to can Thunderbird import MBOX files:-
1. Install the software and click the Add File button to proceed to the next window.
2. In the window that appears, select the MBOX Files option and click the Next button.
3. Browse and add the MBOX files from the local computer.
4. Preview MBOX emails and attachments
5. Now you have 2 options:
- Either click the Export button from the ribbon bar to export all the data.
- Or, select the checkboxes and right-click to choose the Export option for exporting selective MBOX emails.
6. Finally, select the PST radio button and click Export to start converting MBOX files to PST format.
The Concluding Line
In this article, we have discussed Can Thunderbird import MBOX files? And, there are both manuals as well as professional solutions available that one can try. However, due to its limitations and insecure results Manual method is discarded by professionals. So, using an automated application is explained with methods that are easy to follow and self-explanatory. Both technical & non-technical users can easily perform this tool without facing any hassle. Now, you can choose as per your requirements.
thunderbird import mbox files:Blogrind.com