– The average person sheds about 1.5 million skin cells every hour, which can lead to dust mites and other allergens in your carpet.
– Every year, on average, Americans spillover 17 billion gallons of liquid on the floor that could stain their carpet.
– One of the best reasons to have your carpets cleaned professionally is to avoid wear and tear. Routine cleaning extends the life of your carpet by removing dirt and debris before it becomes embedded in the fibers.
It’s been a while since your carpet has been cleaned, and it’s starting to look a little rough. Maybe you’re trying to put off having to call the carpet cleaners in Brooklyn—after all, they can be pricey, right?
Well, we’ve got some good news for you: it turns out that dirtiness in your carpet is super dangerous! In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental dangers to public health.
When dust, dirt, and other pollutants build up in your carpet, they can create all kinds of problems for your family’s health. For example:
-Dirt and dust mites can trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions for children and adults with respiratory conditions
-Pollen trapped in carpets can cause outbreaks of seasonal allergies
-Animal dander (and other allergens) can lead to unpleasant reactions in people who are sensitive or allergic to these particles
-Dust particles on carpeting or rugs can become airborne when kids or pets play on them, which could lead someone with allergies to suffer from an acute reaction
-Sometimes there are things IN your carpet that you just don’t want people breathing—like mold spores from water damage and mildew build up
4 facts of cleaning
- The rugs in your home are actually dirtier than they look.
- A carpet cleaner can help with pet stains and odours, as well as old stains that have set in.
- Professional carpet cleaners can help extend the life of your carpets by taking care of your existing stains instead of just covering them up with new carpet.
- If you’re into DIY projects, you can rent a carpet cleaning machine, but there’s no guarantee that it will be as effective as a professional service
Ask any homeowner, and you’ll find that cleaning the carpet is one of their least favourite household chores. And it’s no wonder. Carpets can be difficult to clean, especially if you don’t have the right equipment on hand.
There are a few simple steps you can take to make sure your carpets stay in tip-top shape between professional cleanings.
Rotate Your Rugs
It might sound strange, but rotating your rugs every so often can help them last longer and appear cleaner. This is because rotating them helps balance out traffic wear on the rug and prevent uneven fading over time.
Consider putting down area rugs in high-traffic areas like hallways or around the coffee table for additional protection against dirt, spills, and stains.
This might seem obvious, but vacuuming regularly is one of the best ways to keep your carpet looking and smelling fresh between cleanings. Aim to vacuum at least once a week—two to three times a week if you have pets—to prevent dander, dirt, and pet hair from building up in your carpet fibers and also help in maintaining health issues.