Today’s article is about Maha Bheda Mudra. In this article, you will be able to know what is the method and benefits of doing this mudra? So let’s start –
Maha Bheda Mudra
Like Mahamudra, Mahabheda Mudra is also a very powerful Mudra. But before practicing this mudra, you must have complete knowledge about Jalandhara, Uddiyana and Moola Bandha, and Bahirkumbhaka. Only then can you apply Mahabheda Mudra properly. Always start Mahabheda Mudra only under skilled guidance.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should add the Retreat for Depression.
Method of doing Maha Bheda Mudra –
- Spread your legs in front and sit in the starting position.
- Now sit in Uttan padasana like Mahamudra.
- And keeping your back straight, relax the whole body.
- Now apply Khechari Mudra and inhale deeply.
- Leaning forward while exhaling.
- Grab the right toe with both hands.
- Now by holding the breath out, apply Jalandhara Bandha, then Uddiyana Bandha, and then Moola Bandha.
- While moving your consciousness around the groin, abdomen, and Mooladhara, mentally repeat the Vishuddhi chakra, Manipura chakra to the Muladhara chakra.
- Keep the concentration on each chakra only for a moment or two.
- And keep rotating the conscious as long as you can comfortably hold your breath.
- Now remove Moolbandha, Uddiyana Bandha, and Jalandhara Bandha respectively.
- Keeping your head fully elevated, inhale and come back to the starting position.
- Thus a cycle of Mahabheda Mudra took place.
- After this, immediately exhale and start the second cycle.
- And in the same way, do three rounds by folding the left leg and three cycles by turning the right leg.
- And finally, practice 3 rounds by spreading both legs.
Duration to perform Mahabheda Mudra –
In the beginning, three chakras should be practiced with left, right, and both feet. After a few months and years of practice, gradually the number of cycles can be increased to 12. And do not put too much stress on the lungs. At the end of each of the chakras, when the consciousness returns to Muladhara, keep counting the chakras escort pendik mentally.
Time to do Maha Bheda Mudra –
The suitable time to practice Maha Bheda Mudra is early morning. And this can be done when the stomach is completely empty. This can be done even before the practice of meditation.
- This mudra should be practiced only under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher.
- A person suffering from excessive constipation and bloody piles should not do it.
- Even a person troubled by Fischer should not do it.
- Mahabheda mudra awakens energies very quickly and can lead to symptoms of overactivity if not practiced properly.
- A person suffering from heart disease, peptic ulcer, colitis should not practice Mahabheda Mudra.
- The patient with a hernia should also not do this mudra.
- Pregnant women should not practice it.
- Young children should not practice Mahabheda Mudra.
- Persons suffering from high blood pressure, glaucoma, and increased intracranial pressure should not practice Mahabheda Mudra.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can add the 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
Benefits of Maha Bheda Mudra –
- By doing this mudra together you get the benefits of Moolbandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Jalandhara Bandha, Mahamudra, and Kumbhaka.
- Digestion is stimulated by Mahabheda Mudra.
- This mudra cures diseases of the stomach.
- Mahabheda Mudra has a very deep effect on the level of Prana.
- And this mudra affects the Muladhara Chakra, Manipura Chakra and Vishuddhi Chakras.
- By doing this mudra, you get a state of mental concentration and meditation.
- Mahabheda Mudra is the complement of Mahamudra. And these two together charge the whole body and mind completely.
- By doing Mahabheda Mudra, the absorption of prana in the body increases and the alertness intensifies.
- Mental depression gets removed immediately by the practice of this mudra.