This blog describes two effective ways to convert OST file to PST without Outlook. Read the entire blog and follow the steps. The exported PST can be used with any version of Microsoft Outlook.
Both OST and PST are known data files used to store user data. MS Outlook uses these two files. Creating an Outlook data file depends on your account settings. If you use IMAP to set up your account, Outlook creates an OST file to store your data. If you use POP to manage your accounts, Outlook uses PST data files.
Many Outlook users prefer OST files because they can work offline. The OST gives users access to downloaded emails, calendars, diaries and other data. You can also create new emails and contacts in offline mode. See the process of converting OST file to PST without Outlook, why it is needed and how to get it.
Why is there Need to Convert OST to PST?
There are many situations where a user wants to export OST to PST Some of these scenarios are illustrated below.
- Outlook crashes unexpectedly without a backup
- Let’s say you have an orphaned OST file and you want to access it
Corrupted database file
- The OST file is associated with the same Outlook account that was used to create it
- Here you can see why to move OST data to PST. The next section describes the efficient conversion process for this file format.
How to Convert OST File to PST? – Manually
You can convert OST to PST manually using manual method. Here, we will use two of the best methods to convert OST to PST for free. To perform this method, you must be connected to an Exchange server. For this method, you will also need Outlook.
Note: Before using this method, make a backup copy of the OST file.
Note: Make a backup copy of the OST file before using this method.
Method 1: Export your mailbox as PST data file
- Sign in to Outlook with your MS Exchange Account
- Go to file menu
- Select Open & Export, then choose Import & Export Options
- Under Select the action to perform, select Export to file and click Next
- Under Create file type, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and Hit Next
- Choose the folder you want to export and choose Next
- Set file path and choose not to export duplicates
- Click [Finish] button
Method 2: Move OST to PST Using Archive
- Start Microsoft Outlook
- move to file
- Choose an option and select Details
- Click on Auto Archive button
- Shows the number of days for AutoArchive to run
- Specify the location and click the [OK] button
Using the above method, you can move OST to PST for free. However, this technique has some drawbacks.
- Risk of data loss
- It takes time to do this work
- Hard to handle
Alternative Solution to Convert OST File to PST With or Without Outlook
To overcome all these shortcomings, users should choose a reliable solution: OST to PST Converter Software. It is an authentication solution for the users which makes the whole task very simple and easy without the possibility of errors. You can use this utility to convert single and multiple OST files to Outlook PST files. It also provides several export options. With this application, you can convert OST as follows: CSV, EML, HTML, MSG, PDF, PST, TIFF and other useful file formats. To Export OST to PST for free, you can use the free demo version of this tool. This tool provides a 100% secure and reliable solution for Outlook to export OST data offline by saving all emails in a single folder. It also ensures that users retain all email properties.
Convert Multiple OST to PST Format – Stepwise Solution
- Download and Install Tool
- Open the software, Single File, Bulk Mode & Find Option to Upload the desired file into the software.
- Click on Export option and select the folder you want to convert
- Choose from PST format
- Click Next button to start OST to PST conversion process.
Through this article you can learn how to convert OST file to PST without Outlook and other details. Novice users may have problems with manual solutions. You can then choose automatic software that is easier to understand. You can check the operation and functions of the utility by downloading the free demo version.
Read More Also: Benefits Of Learning DevOps